The Observer Professional® system provides cost-effective video content monitoring, logging, and compliance workflows for broadcast and media monitoring professionals to quickly schedule, record and search key media mentions on an intuitive web interface. Observer Professional serves as a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that offers greater portability, scalability, redundancy, ease of use, and extensibility on the user's preferred operating system.
Observer Professional is built specifically for budget-conscious television stations and organizations that require simplified workflows for compliance logging and media monitoring. The Observer Professional includes optional fully integrated Electronic Programming Guide (EPG)-based Scheduled Recording Module for scheduled, selective recording of specific broadcast channels within designated time periods. The Observer Professional supports one to four channel SD and HD inputs and offers up to 90 days of storage for archived video.
Based on the award-winning Observer Enterprise platform, Observer Professional is the next generation of versatile logging and monitoring – and attractively priced for a wide range of users.
Redundant enterprise storage (RAID-1 or RAID -5) with ECC RAM and server grade motherboards and CPUs. Observer Professional platforms are offered in 1RU and 2RU form factors.
Key Features Include:
Multi-platform & Multi-Browser Support
- Native support for Mac or Windows Operating Systems
- Support for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari web browsers
Enhanced Search & Closed-Captioning Tools
- Auto-complete enabled search to assist with finding media mentions
- Advanced search filters include date, time, and channel for searching closed caption text or sub-clips
- Quick mail access from clips with embedded HTML link
- Auto-scroll to view incoming closed-caption text feeds with thumbnail and metadata display
- Automatic Keyword Alerts
- Export closed caption text by date, time and channel filters to .txt file
Clipping, Export and Player Controls
- Clip-on-the fly while recorded stream is playing in seek bar in full-screen
- Expandable seek bar duration with zoom controls
- Familiar play controls with Play/Pause/FF/Rewind
- Trim in and out points with thumbnail frame grabber for more efficient clipping
- Overlay modal dialog window for quick bookmarking sub-clips and editable metadata comments description
- One-step button for calendar date & time controls to navigate back to any recorded timeframe to access content
- Standard export and transcode Observer .ASF content to .FLV, .MP2, .MP4, and H.264
EPG-Based Scheduled Recording Module
- Fully integrated EPG (Electonic Program Guide) based Scheduled Recording Module with localized Tribune Media subscription services
- New program guide interface includes genre and station filters plus auto-complete search and to quickly find program by keyword, actor, additional metadata
- Date, Time, and Zoom controls available to quickly navigate to desired content
- Event Details include associated metadata (synopsis, actors, ratings) about program plus notes field to add comments to upcoming recorded program
- Searchable and exportable recorded events tab lists upcoming and already recorded events that are playable for review and approval